The Board of Directors of the newly organized Connections Place Clubhouse located in Victoria, B. C. is seeking a founding Executive Director. Connections Place Society Clubhouse is a not-for-profit organization that will provide services and opportunities for people living with mental illness in the Greater Victoria area.
The Executive Director is responsible for working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the members (Clubhouse participants), staff and community leaders to continuously achieve the mission and goals of the organization. In particular, as the founding Executive Director, s/he will have the responsibility of start-up operations at the Clubhouse’s first site and eventually directing the move to the Clubhouse’s permanent future site. The Executive Director will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Clubhouse including administration, finances, personnel, public relations, fundraising, program development, communications, marketing, and quality assurance.
The Board of Directors of Connections Place Clubhouse is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to develop and lead our new, exciting and innovative project. It is our intention to create a strong Clubhouse program for people living with mental illness following the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs. www.clubhouse-intl.org
The ideal candidate will have:
- A university or college degree in human services, psychology, social work public administration or related fields
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience working with people living with mental illness
- An understanding and commitment to the Clubhouse model of psychiatric rehabilitation and its underlying values and principles
- Experience in not-for-profit and human service program management
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Experience in fundraising, public relations, public advocacy and local and senior levels of government
- Excellent writing, public speaking and computer skills
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to work long and flexible hours
- Work well with a diverse group of people
- Be able to effectively communicate in a variety of formats
The Connections Place Clubhouse is an innovative community-based program for people living with mental illness. The program is organized around the concept of building a community of people who are committed to each other’s success. Participation in the Clubhouse gives individuals the opportunity to join or rejoin the worlds of friendships, important work, employment, education and to access the healthcare and social services and supports they may individually need.
Connections Place Clubhouse is a welcoming and restorative environment for people who have had their lives drastically disrupted and need the support of others who believe that recovery from mental illness is possible.
For best consideration, Send resume by September 1 to:
Jackie Powell, Chair, Connections Place Society
2063 Renfrew Road, Victoria,
B.C. V8P 1S3
Please include a covering letter and salary expectation.